An excavation was done without proper slopes or reinforcements; The soil was stored too close to the excavation
What went wrong?
- The JSA did not describe in detail the method of excavation
- Requirements concerning the excavations included in the construction plan and the design were not adhered to
What was done?
- The soil stored too close to the excavations was relocated
- The proper slope for the excavations was implemented
- A detailed methodology of the excavations must be part of the execution design and must be reviewed and accepted during the tender and pre-construction phase
- A detailed method statement / methodology of the excavation must be included in the construction plan
- JSA must clearly state the methodology of the excavation plan
- In case of non compliance with the agreed methodology works must be stopped